Open pit protection
Excavation and protection of a construction pit in the rock mass is carried out in phases with a continuous reinforcement of the rock mass with rods and geotechnical anchors and an adequate support systems: mat construction or multilayered reinforced shotcrete. Protection of a construction pit in soil is done by installing a reinforced concrete diaphragm wall or a driven or bored sheet pile wall in a combination with geotechnical anchors.
During the performance of works a measurement, observation and monitoring system is established by installing vertical inclinometers, horizontal deformeters, geodetic points and measuring cells. Measurements are performed continuously at certain phases of an excavation. The procedure of active design which allows customization of design solutions during the conducting of works is established.
To date, we have successfully completed a number of open pit protection projects (to ensure the open pit protection) in urban areas where we participated as consultants, designers and supervision and followed up projects from the idea to the realization.
- Open pit protection for tourist facilities:
Hotels Navis (Opatija), Silvestar (Umag), Plat (Dubrovnik), Roxanic (Motovun), Therapia (Crikvenica), Gospoja (Vrbnik), Novi resort (Novi Vinodolski), Slatina Commercial Center (Opatija), “Rovinj” (Rovinj)
- Open pit protection for shopping facilities:
Spar Shopping Center (Selce), West Shopping Center (Rijeka), Plodine (Rab, Lovran), Lidl (Pazin, Crikvenica),
- Open pit protection for residential and commercial buildings
Commercial building “RI-Petrol “(Rijeka), business premises and residential accommodation in Poreč and Opatija
- Open pit protection for the school gymnasium of Dr. A. Andrija Mohorovičić School (Matulji), Recreational Center Marino Cvetković (Opatija), The Cultural Center “Gervais” (Opatija), the Health Center (Opatija), the Church of St. Elias and Vinko (Vinkovci), Multimedia Center (Krk)
- Open pit protection for sewage disposal plant and reconstruction of storm water canal Pragrande (Pula)