Geotehnical explotation and investigation – Dugovača, Zadar
For the purpose of reconstruction of coastal area in Dugovača bay which stretches along the western settlement of Draga, geotechnical and engineering geological exploration and investigation works were executed.
Geotechnical and engineering geological exploration and investigation works included:
- geotechnical prospection and engineering geological mapping of given location
- laboratory works
- examination and determination of drilling cores
- making of geotechnical cross section and geotechnical borehole profiles
For geotechnical design, underwater drilling was executed on a specialized ferry. Four boreholes were executed on the sea and four boreholes were executed on the land. Underwater driling was being executed in sea depth from 7 to 9 m.
Invastigated geotechnical profile consisted the following geotechnical units:
- Made ground (GW, GW-GC)
- Marine sediments (SP-SM)
- Extremely weathered limestones (HW)
- Medium to slightly weathered limestones (MW-SW)